Privacy and personal data protection enables Cleantech Scandinavia to be an efficient business partner to our customers and other stakeholders â€“ we respect the way you want us to handle personal data and communicate with you.
This privacy notice explains how, why and for how long Cleantech Scandinavia processes your personal data. It applies to our websites, company and member databases, registration forms, contracts and subscriptions.
This privacy notice is based on the privacy and transparency requirements in Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation).
Who we are
Scandinavian Clean Technologies Group AS is the controller and is responsible for the main decisions about the purposes and means of the processing of your personal data.
The personal information we collect
Cleantech Scandinavia collects only relevant personal data to maintain contact with our customers and vendors. The personal data we process includes: name, email, phone number and â€“ in relation to events â€“ food preferences. We also process addresses and other information related to contractual necessities.
Why we process your personal data
Cleantech Scandinavia processes your personal data to provide or procure goods or services to or from you or your organization. More specifically, we will process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to ensure good communication lines and relations with our customers and vendors, and to provide them with the information requested
- to ensure and improve the availability and provision of our services. Our services aim to introduce clean technology companies to potential investors, industrial companies, partners, customers and service providers.
- to promote Cleantech Scandinavia activities (sending of newsletters, invitations to events, communication via social media, etc.). If you do not wish to receive marketing communications, you may follow the â€unsubscribeâ€ instructions included with email communication, or notify us in other ways, such as via a personal email or call.
- for contract management purposes
- for recruitment purposes
- for procurement purposes
- to process access, rectification and opposition requests, and other rights with respect to personal data
How we collect your personal data
We collect your personal data from different sources. You can provide data directly for example through a membership, contract, event sign up or emailing/calling. We also obtain data from other sources. Here are examples of situations in which we process your personal data:
- when you enter into contracts or agreements with us
- when you submit forms to us (event registrations, user registrations, sign ups to our newsletter, exhibitor forms, application forms, contact forms, etc.)
- when you order services from us
- when you access our webpages, use our database or social media platforms
- when you establish a member profile with us
- when you send us emails or contact us through other means
- when we gather information from third parties, such as public authorities or other publically available information
Legal basis for processing your personal data
Cleantech Scandinavia processes personal data if at least one of the following applies:
- the data subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal data for one or more specific purposes (such as a newsletter opt-in)
- processing is necessary for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is party or in order to take steps at the request of the data subject prior to entering into a contract (such as employee contracts, membership agreements and service purchases)
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the controller is subject
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the controller or by a third party (such as marketing communications, and company sourcing and introductions for our members)
Reasons we share your personal data
We share your personal data with:
Cleantech Scandinavia members
To the extent it is necessary for fulfilling any of the purposes above, your data is shared with our members, who are investors and industrial companies. You can see all our members here: https://cleantechscandinavia.com/our-members/
We use vendors who provide services such as IT services and support, web designers, facilitation of events and trade missions etc. We may allow such vendors to access/receive your personal data to the extent relevant to deliver these services.
Event participants and other stakeholders
Cleantech Scandinavia organizes networking events in order to support its services. Due to the networking nature of these events, the names and organizations of the participants are shared among all the participants so that participants are able to view the list of other participants in these events and effectively find new business opportunities.
In case we wish to share your personal data with other third parties (other than networking event participants; yet, similar to Cleantech Scandinavia members, such as potential investors or customers), we will ask your consent.
If necessary, we will ensure adequate contractual guarantees to ensure the security and confidentiality of the data.
How we secure your personal data
Cleantech Scandinavia implements security technologies and information security procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure (such as SSL certificates and password protection).
We limit access to your personal data to only:
- personnel or third parties who are tasked with processing this data on Cleantech Scandinaviaâ€™s behalf
- our members who are not allowed to pass on information to third parties based on a contractual agreement (to learn more about our members, see section â€™Reasons we share your personal dataâ€™ above)
It is notable that no method of data transmission or storage in the Internet is 100% secure. Therefore, Cleantech Scandinavia cannot guarantee the absolute security of the personal data.
Retention of your personal data
Cleantech Scandinavia retains personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes for collection. Your personal data will be stored and deleted in accordance with applicable laws.
Under the GDPR, you have the right to ask us to:
- provide you with further details on how we use your personal data
- provide you with a copy of the information that you have provided to us
- update/correct your personal data
- delete any personal information that we no longer have legal grounds to process
- withdraw your consent on using your personal data in case you have given us your consent earlier
- provide you with your personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or transmit the data to another controller
- stop particular processing where this is based on legitimate interests unless our reasons for processing the information outweigh any prejudice to your data protection rights
- restrict how we use your information whilst a complaint is under investigation
- lodge a complaint through the contact details in this privacy statement or to the relevant regulatory authority
How to contact us?
If you have any questions, concerns, complaints or requests regarding how we process your personal data, please contact us at email@example.com